Our hassle-free warranty terms
Here at Sewing Machine World we pride ourselves on our exceptional aftersales care during the time when the real price of a cheap internet deal can all too readily become apparent.
Our machine guarantee terms are designed to make the whole experience as painless as possible should your new machine develop a problem.
We do not offer incredible sounding 10, 20 or 30 year guarantee periods, we simply offer the best possible quality of care throughout the standard manufacturers guarantee period when we can be sure of honouring it.
In the unlikely event that your new sewing machine develops a fault, simply email or call us to arrange a collection, by our courier, at our expense*. Upon arrival with us the machine will be inspected and any warranty work carried out completely free of charge or the machine replaced** if appropriate and returned promptly to you, again at our expense.
- All guarantee related labour is covered for the entire guarantee period.
- All guarantee related shipping costs are covered for the entire guarantee period.
- We offer a whole machine guarantee cover***, no hidden exclusion clauses
- Optional free electrical safety PAT test and stitch off prior to shipping**** at no extra charge.
Before ordering online from our competitors, compare their guarantee smallprint with ours to appreciate the difference.
We are proud to be manufacturer approved warranty agents for all brands of machines that we sell and we are the only official warranty agent for Babylock in the UK.
Standard manufacturer's guarantee periods
- Bernina: 7 years cover on the whole machine (subject to terms and conditions) / 2 years cover on Overlockers
- Janome: 2 years mechanical and electrical
- Pfaff: 5 years mechanical and electrical
- Husqvarna Viking: 5 years mechanical and electrical
- Brother: 3 years cover and a Return to Manufacturer Policy
- Babylock: 2 years mechanical and electrical
- Juki: 2 years mechanical and electrical
*Any genuine faults or problems will be covered by your guarantee with Sewing Machine World Online. In the event of user error we regret we will have to charge for any replaced parts plus a courier cost upon return of your machine.
**Machines will only be replaced once an inspection has been carried out by the manufacturer.
***Non-guarantee items are limited to mains electricity plug fuses, needles and bulbs only.
****All of our Free Shipping is a Monday to Friday 9am-6pm standard, next day, Mainland UK, service.
Faulty or Damaged Goods
The customer must inform us about any faulty or damaged items within 24 hours from receipt of the goods. If notification is any later than this the Customer is at risk of the Manufacturers being unable to replace such items.